Thursday, July 24, 2008

Farewell to Marion

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Robin's Aunt Marion (McCubbin) in Kilmarnock, Scotland. She was 83 years old. She will be missed on this side of the pond by Robin, Robin's mother (Marguerite) and myself.

Mrs. McCubbin called her every few weeks and Robin would visit her when he was in Scotland on business. She had great spirit and humour.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

Here is a short video Robin took of his Auntie Marion during a visit.

No comments: