Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Six Month Study

Hello:

I volunteered to participate in a Canada-wide health study several months ago. The study is examining the effects of food on cholesterol, LDL in particular. To quality I needed to have elevated cholesterol. Despite being an ovo-lacto vegetarian, I have elevated cholesterol. I perceive this is due to genetics. I understand my siblings have elevated cholesterol also.

Since I would prefer to control the bad cholesterol with diet rather than medication (Statins), I decided to participate in this study and perhaps help others in the future.

I received my diet today. I will be on a VEGAN diet for six months. That means no diary or eggs for six months. There is much more to it than this, but I will write more in another blog installation. I do not know all the details yet.

'Til then


Regards

No comments: