Sunday, October 11, 2009

Botanical Gardens

The Singapore Botanical garden is 150 acres of unadulterated beauty. It was exciting to see many families picnicking on the grounds. Do families still enjoy picnics?

The gardens open at 5:00 am. Robin and I agree that 5:00 am is the best time to visit the gardens because it is unbearably hot later in the day. We visited during the afternoon. I appreciated the "Cool Rooms" that are strategically situated throughout the property.

We did not finish exploring the gardens. We moved quickly because it was intensely hot. I rebirthed three times. I was embarassed by the rivers of water pouring from my pores until I noticed that I was not the only person glowing. Robin "looked" pretty cool. I followed the Singaporean tradition of using a parasol.

Not ready for a rain forest trek yet.

I cannot remember what these are called.


Carnivorous Plant. I think it is from the pitcher-plant family. Another (of many) mistake, insects, not "plants", are attracted to the carnivorous plant, enter, die and are digested by the carnivorous plant. Each species of carnivorous plant captures its pry differently.


Inside a "Cool Room".



Roots. Sorry, this is not a coconut tree. I mentioned the name in this clip, but I cannot hear what I said.



No comments: