Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Surgery Day Update


Dear Family and Friends:

Robin's surgery was successful. Dr. Tyrone David repaired Robin's valve. Replacement was not necessary. He went into surgery at 8:00 a.m. and returned just before 12:00 p.m. When I first saw him after his surgery he had a big flannel blanket wrapped around his head like the petals of a sunflower. I said to Elizabeth, "He looks like an Anne Geddes baby poster." He did. The colour in his face was very good.

The breathing tube has been removed and he is using a regular oxygen mask. He will be moving out of ICU very shortly.

Although he is very sleepy, he managed to utter a few words. He squeezed my hand.

Tomorrow they will get him to sit up and dangle his legs over the edge of the bed.

I am overwhelmed by the kindness, support and affection you have sent our way. I don't exactly know how to express my gratitude. I know it contributes to Robin's recovery in a very real way. I know that Robin would be speechless.

I expect that he will be sleeping quite a bit tomorrow, so I think visitors will not see his gleaming eyes.

I will publish another update tomorrow evening.


Warmest Regards



April MacDonell



2 comments:

dave buckley said...

glad to hear things went well for Robin April. Give him my best. I look for a speedy recovery.

Dave Buckley

Rich Bishop said...

Hey Rob, just wanted you to know that Lauree and I send our best wishes for you on your road to recovery. We are thinking about you and look forward to seeing you back soon. (p.s. do they give air miles at the hospital?)